Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Shima's Roller-setting 101



I have been using the snap-on magnetic rollers (in all colors!) for the looooongest and with Awesome results 9 times out of 10. It's just a matter of using the right size roller that is right for your particular hair length. The smaller the roller the tighter the curl and the bigger the roller the looser the curl. However, I found out that if you use hair spray before you roller-set the curl can still come out tight no matter how small or large the rollers are. Follow the  steps below to GUARANTEE awesome results of your own each time you rollerset!

1. Shampoo your hair using my Shima Hair Repair Shampoo which helps Repair mild to severely damaged hair by infusing lost protein back into your hair's cuticles.

2. Leave in shampoo for 5 minutes for shoulder-length hair and up to 10 minutes for bra-strap length and longer.

 3. Wash shampoo out with warm water and then use cooler water for the final rinse to seal in your hair cuticles. This locks in moisture ten times better!!

4. Use your favorite Leave-in Conditioner (I used Motions and Optimum Leave-in Conditioners before creating my own brand) and proceed to GENTLY section off your hair with your wide-tooth combs.

5. Proceed to Roller-set with the Snap-on Magnetic Rollers. Use small rollers for ear-length hair. Use medium rollers for neck-length, shoulder-length and bra-strap length hair. And use Jumbo-sized rollers (The ones I use) for mid-back, waist-length and Booty-length hair....Smile. Using end papers will make your curls That Much softer and bouncier, but do not worry if you don't have none as I make mine's come out SENSATIONAL-looking without them.

6. Finally after your roller-set has been dried under your dryer or via air (I use my fan while I read a book or watch TV) apply my Shima Oil to your dry curls as you remove each roller. (You can also simply remove ALL your rollers first and then apply my oil, too.)

And now you are ready to enjoy some fun, sexy, sassy, bouncy, shiny curls!!! So brush them or comb them or simply proceed to your next favorite Protective Style:):)

Remember to post your thoughts, suggestions or questions in the comment box!

Shima of Shimahair.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shima
    you said you used the optimum leave in but which one because there are several on the market?
    Also do you use it sparingly or do you saturate your hair with it?
    Sorry for my bad english, english is not my fist language.
    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi shima i just would love to know if your going to come out with your own leave in treatment or,conditioner or even relaxers that does not burn and isn't based on chemicals something natural and healthy just a thought thx you can respond & get back to me @youtube.com/ petserous thx yaya

    ReplyDelete
  3. one other thing shima how do i get your snap on magnetic rollers? thx

    ReplyDelete